Strong antibiotic Zithromax (Azithromycin) 250/500 mg
Zithromax is a bacteriostatic antibiotic that is actively used in the clinical practice to treat infectious diseases. The active ingredient Azithromycin is the essential of this medication.
What Zithromax is used for?
Zithromax is a medication of the broad action, and therefore it may be used in the treatment of the various infectious diseases.
The following bacteria are vulnerable to Azithromycin:
- Gram-positive pathogenic microflora including most types of streptococci infections
- Gram-negative pathogenic microflora
- Some morbific bacteria that belong to a separate group: germs of Chlamydia, pneumonia, Mycobacteria, borreliosis, and genitourinary diseases.
The pharmacological activity is broad because Azithromycin has a unique molecular structure. Unlike other antibiotics-macrolides, the drug has a distinctive peculiarity: due to the unique chemical structure, Azithromycin has a higher resistance in the acid medium. This index often exceeds the acid tolerance of Erythromycin by 300 times.
Due to this reason, Zithromax may be used in the treatment of the diseases when the common macrolides are not very effective or ineffective.
- Diseases of the respiratory system, the infectious origin: tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis media (including middle ear), scarlet fever, sinusitis, pneumonia, chronic and acute bronchitis,
- Infectious skin diseases: acne, relapsing erysipelas, infected dermatoses
- Inflammatory infectious diseases of the urogenital system and kidneys: the initial form of Lyme disease, urethritis, vaginitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, and others.
As an adjunct therapy, Zithromax is used in the treatment of the gastric and duodenal ulcer caused by Helicobacter Pylori. It helps to neutralize the activity of the pathogenic microflora, and it will accelerate the healing process of the ulcers and erosions on the mucous membranes of the gastro-intestinal tract.
However, the use of Zithromax is reasonable only during the diseases caused by the vulnerable microflora. To detect vulnerable bacteria, it is necessary to take the blood test on germs of the infection, and a doctor will decide to prescribe an antibiotic according to the results.
In most cases, microorganisms have a normal vulnerability to Azithromycin, so that the therapy may be started even before having the results of the blood test in order to accelerate the recovery.
How to take Zithromax?
Zithromax may be used both in the combined antibiotherapy, and as a single medication to treat infections.
The scheme of the use depends on several factors:
- Patient’s age;
- Patient’s body mass ;
- Type of germ ;
- Site of infection.
According to these characteristics, an individual antibacterial therapy is selected. Zithromax/Azithromycin pills are preferred because they are well and quickly absorbed in the GIT, and the active ingredient bioavailability is about 38% during the oral use of 250 mg. The higher the dose is, the higher the bioavailability and a concentration of Azithromycin will be in the blood plasma.
Zithromax pills may contain 250 mg, 500 mg of the active ingredient Azithromycin.
The scheme of the use of Zithromax for adults and children over 12 and the body mass over 45 kg is as follows:
- Infections of respiratory system: Zithromax 500 mg 3 times per day within 3 days ;
- Infections of the excretory tract: 1 g once, or 1 pill of 500 mg within 3 days ;
- Skin infections: 1 g on the first day, 500 mg within 4-5 days every day ;
- In case of the antibacterial therapy of Helicobacter pylori, Zithromax is taken in the dose of 1 g per day, within 3 days.
The scheme of the Zithromax use for children under 12 and the body mass under 45 kg is as follows:
- 10 mg per 1 kg of the body mass is a formula to find out the exact dose of Zithromax for kids. The obtained daily dose is divided into 3 parts, and taken with the interval of 6-8 hours. The treatment takes 3 days.
Zithromax pills should be taken on an empty stomach, or between meals (the interval between meals and the antibiotic should be 2 hours), with a glass of water. Water accelerates the uptake of the pill, and the fatty food slows it down.
A duration of the treatment is based on the clinical image and semiology but the use of Azithromycin takes 3-4 days in most cases.
How to buy Zithromax 250 or 500 mg online?
Nowadays, Zithromax is one of the most demanded antibiotics on the market due to some factors:
- High antibacterial activity;
- High index of the pharmacological safety;
- Absence of the severe side effects.
However, despite a high demand for this medication, Zithromax is for sale by prescription only. To get a prescription, go to a doctor, have a medical examination, and spend much time. And infection intensifies every hour, there is no time to wait for a prescription. That is why, the most optimal option to buy Zithromax 250 mg and 500 mg is ordering the pills on the internet.
Zithromax 250 mg and 500 mg online is for sale without prescription, and the order may be placed in any country. Due to the well-organized logistics, the medications will be delivered in time, to any address.
Zithromax online is supplied to the pharmacy warehouses directly from the manufacturer, and so every customer is guaranteed a high quality, confirmed by the international certificate.
To make an order for the delivery of Zithromax online, it is necessary to:
- Select a reliable online pharmacy;
- Select a dose and number of pills in the pack;
- Go to the ordering page: indicate personal data, select a way of the delivery;
- Pay for the order and wait for a courier.
Azithromycin: interact with other medications
The pharmacological safety of Azithromycin depends on how precisely a patient follows the instruction for the use. The interaction of Zithromax with some medications may cause serious side effects, or lead to the minimal therapeutic effect of the antibiotic.
That is why, before taking Zithromax, inform your doctor about all medications you take at the moment and find out about possible interactions:
- Antacid products worsen the absorption of Azithromycin in the GIT, so that its bioavilability and antibacterial effect drop
- The bacteriostatic antibiotics increase the effect of Azithromycin, and the bactericidal ones reduce the therapeutic properties
- Azithromycin interacts and increases a concentration of the following medications in the blood plasma: Cycloserine, Methylprednisolone, indirect anticoagulants, Cyclosporine, Bromocriptine, and Theophylline. Due to this, the toxicity of these ingredients on liver and kidneys grows, and it may result in side effects.
Taking Zithromax, ethanol consumption is not recommended because the absorption of Azithromycin in the GIT goes down, and a side effect such as nausea, severe headache, allergy, and vomiting may happen.